1. seth got an award at school. it was for "always trying his best and never settling for less". he received a pair of sunglasses along with a certificate and has only taken them off to go to school.
that is one of my favorite things: when kids dress themselves and become attached to certain funky items. seth has, by far, been my "best dressed". he used to wear a superman cape my mom sewed him everywhere he went. and a superman or batman shirt. when people asked, "is that superman?" he got irritated. because, despite being dressed up like the superhero, he felt he clearly wasn't one. poor seth. he can be a bit literal.
2. ryan's sisters and all their children have been in town this week. at one point all of the children were sitting around the table in the kitchen eating dinner and i got a glimpse of our future and all of these little herm cousins. there is not a bad apple among them, everyone gets along and plays beautifully. my favorite little discovery this trip: baby sarah and baby jane have been sweet little chums. i love thinking about their future friendships. i have a lot of cousins my age and i really loved my time with them growing up.
3. family photo season is upon us! i have booked every single opening i had. hooray! but more than that, we had our family photos taken! by m hanson photography, who, while based out of utah, came to town for a visit. it was different being on the other side of the camera. getting all of those people coordinated and together was really hard. in fact, i almost didn't want to taken any photos when we got there. at least, not with my family members. i have a new appreciation for my clients. it's hard work, you guys!
4. we had a halloween movie night as a family and watched 'hocus pocus'. best family halloween movie i can think of. so very cute and silly and funny. ava loved it. growing up that was a favorite.
5. sarah's been waking up at 5:30 every morning, which has proven to be fantastic. i wake up and stay up, spending the time editing, or reading until everyone else wakes up. it's a very quiet time, very peaceful. yesterday i went to a yoga class, which was a terrible mistake because i was completely exhausted the entire day. i guess i'll stick to reading.
6. kate won't keep her shoes on.
7. ava and i are reading black beauty. my mom read that book to me. it's full of all sorts of horse stuff and ava loves it. i love my horse loving girl.